16

23:33

Me, basking in happiness, 2016

I've once again plus'd 1 to my age,
what joy.
I know I always sound bitter in my posts but I promise this will be better!

Honestly,
at the beginning of the year,
all I felt was this mountain of responsibility loaded onto me,
there were so many more things for me to shoulder
and it was very different compared to the year before.
Most of what I heard from the worrying adults were,
"You're not a kid anymore,"
"You need to be more responsible,"
"You're all grown up now,"
All sound like noise I want to block out.

With O's coming up,
I believe life would be a lot more hectic from here on.
I'm also retiring from commitments such as choir and other fun stuff
to make time for more revision,
yay!!!!!!
can u sense my elation

Despite all the seemingly dreadful things approaching
in my sixteenth year of existence,
I found myself to be a more confident and comfortable person in general.
It feels great, actually.
Especially after the lovely birthday surprise(s) I got from my friends.
They made me feel immensely loved that day
and I'm thankful and love them for that.
❤❤❤❤




Although I'd very much like to skip to the part
where I'm richer and older and enjoying the laid back life,
I guess this is where the Chinese phrase ๅ…ˆ่‹ฆๅŽ็”œ is appropriate,
we have to go through the pain
and I really don't want to go through what happened 4 years ago. 

Everything has gotten a lot more serious too
and it doesn't feel right to my system.
I could be really cynical and think the world is a cold, empty shell
but I could never bring myself to be kinda uptight and serious.
At this 'you're-almost-an-adult' juncture,
I don't know if I should still be happy that that is one of my traits.

Sure,
I've got to enjoy some moments
the other more 'proper' people probably didn't get to.
(I've gotten my fair share of trouble for it too)
I'm not saying it's cool but it has never been in me
to follow other's rules.
Certain systems are fucked up
and I can't bring myself to stand by what I don't believe in.
Perhaps I'm foolish, stubborn, childish,
young.
Maybe I'll grow out of it, 
soon.

Now,

I hope everyone out there is trying their best to enjoy life
and let 2016 be the year you're taking off the second skin
you've been painstakingly painting on.


p.s. actual objective of this post:
hit me up I wanna watch my first nc16 movie soon












You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts