Recreate

20:03

06/02/16





"You might gather the same materials and make identical preparations,
but you would never be able to duplicate the result."
— Haruki Murakami,
Colourless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage

This sentence (which was unfortunately translated from Japanese)
summed up how I (was) feeling that entire week. 
There have been days where really small, insignificant,
things that happened which made me really happy.
A lot of things took place which caught me off guard.

Being one who romanticises the past too much, 
I had thoughts of replicating it.
If I were to set up circumstances that caused them to happen,
it might just happen.
I'd be able to relive it.

But as the quote had foreshadowed,
it failed.
(Hell, I can't even take the same pictures,
much less recreate situations)
Even if it had happened,
it wouldn't be exactly the same,
it wouldn't live up to my expectations
for there are too many factors in between.

We can't take on the role of the creator where circumstances are within our control.

As disappointing as it was,
I realised that things could never happen twice,
so grasp onto every moment
as if because it is the last,
and as it ends,
let it be.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts