Influx

02:47

(before i start, can we talk about this fre$h new theme ohemgee!!!1!)

It's officially the last day of January 2016!
Time flies (foreshadowing.....)
Somehow in this 31 days or so,
there has already been an influx of thoughts.
I hope you're ready for cynicism.
So here is whatever's been going on in my head: 

p.s. this is so ironic because...

I. SOCIAL MEDIA
Why the fuck do people put personal information
and problematic emotions on social media and not
talk about it to their friends/family/real people???
Clearly, I'm very guilty of this.
Am I the only one who feels 
"I wasn't informed of this??"
whenever I see something on social media.
Just realised how similar it is to sending me 
and your other 400 followers a fucking broadcast message.
rude
If you're unhappy, please try to talk to someone,
as hard as that may seem.
Because a picture and a vague, deep-sounding statement
is just a shout into the void
and is honestly making me feel awkward.


II. TIME 
I think the fact that I've signed up for the last year in secondary school 
and knowing another chapter of my life is coming to a close
is making time feel like it's going faster.
Must be the mixture of anticipation & fear.

Time is like the kid who stands behind the monitor of an arcade machine,
mashing the buttons,
controlling every action of the characters inside -- us.
Despite the definite set of rules that have been pre-set
and almost beyond the kid's controls,
the player always finds a way.

I met a friend in school the other day,
ever since last year,
our encounters seem to get more brief and meaningless,
as (you guessed it,) time moves forward.
As contradictory as it sounds,
I feel like we're walking miles and miles away from each other
every time we cross paths.
I seek a lot of comfort in him/her,
be it a glance or a greeting.
But he/she somehow reminds me of the cruel monster that goes 
with our without you,
that is time.


III. RESPONSIBILITIES
You know those forms they give out to you at the start of the year?
Asking you to write down information about yourself,
some of which are way too personal for a teacher
who probably has 0.00001% interest in you after 
seeing batches and batches of students leave year after year to know?
(did I mention I was cynical?)
Like your interests and strengths/weaknesses.
Like others,
it was quite difficult for me to identify my strengths
but for now I'd add 'running away from responsibilities' in.
Everyone's been yapping away about how critical this year was,
and would probably make or break your life.
YEA I HEARD U THE FIRST TIME
I know, we all know.
I'm trying my best.....
by writing this blog post at 1.23am.
I've been faced with a lot of uncertainties this month,
especially with what I used to call my fortes.
And also questioning the purpose of chasing,
chasing this 'dream', 'aspiration'
that the school has been trying to force on us with the 
overwhelming amount of career talks.

"Come here so you'll have a future so bright your eyes will burn!"
"If you don't equate to a single digit, please fuck off,"

society, amirite.

What do you want? 
At the end of all the sleepless nights,
empty pen barrels,
writer's calluses you've gotten?
A 9 to 5 job everyone says is stable?
Trying to squeeze in the train every morning 
while wearing office-appropriate attire?
hmm
For me,
my distant dream most would call unrealistic
would be to travel the world and have a taste of what each place has to offer.
Unfortunately,
it can only be attained if I work my ass off
till I'm 50 years old,
and look like a hideous hag
and hopefully have a lot of money.
By then I'll probably have lost all of the little to no wonder
that's still left in me
to appreciate skies with seamless gradients
or have the strength to travel.
That is why youth is wasted on the young
and that is also why you don't see me in school sometimes,
for I'm thinking of how everything and everyone's efforts
will cease to exist and become history or covered by foul dust.


IV. LOVE
Being surrounded by couples in school,
it's hard not to think about it.
Especially young love and its permanence/fragility.
Will it really be able to sustain?
or what the cool kids say:
'last long'
Personally, I have little to no faith in it
and also personally no experience whatsoever in this field.
Now, the only drawback I've found about being single
for my 15 years is that
I haven't been able to empathise with love/breakup songs as well,
diluting their enjoyability.
Perhaps reading the third point above,
you might know what kind of a shitstorm I'm facing right now,
so thinking of experiencing heartbreak
might actually, truly break me.
I mean it would've drove me insane
and fuel suicide temptations.
So to those who have been through breakups and is still alive,
I salute you.

So let's say you do get married,
I can't help but think there won't be happily ever after.
Humans, as animals aren't supposed to be monogamous in the first place,
so together5lyfe seems unrealistic.
Obviously I'm not saying it's alright to 'cheat'
because it's not.

Children.
Seriously, children?
I'm extremely against the idea of having children because
i. they are a pain in the ass to raise
ii. why are you bringing lives into the world to suffer
(unless you actually have the means to make him/her happy
like money, house, education, material, etc.)
iii. ...when there are so many children in the world
who can't even find enough water to survive
for you to help and adopt
iv. aren't you just narcissistic to want to create mini-yous
v. this isn't a fucking game, it's a life
vi. this also isn't a remedy to keep your marriage alive

If you think I'm being -ve,
considering I'm the child of a divorced couple,
man of 4 wives,
woman of 3 husbands,
you can't blame me for having such thoughts.

Love, though abstract,
kind of boils down to chemicals in your brain.

To sum it up,


๐ŸŒ‘  ๐ŸŒ‘  ๐ŸŒ‘

I wanted to write something about cancer
but I was afraid people might get concerned
and also because it's now 2.35am.
Just realised I made it sound like I have cancer,
I don't.
I hope you've enjoyed this lengthy, rambly post,
all about MEMEME!!!!
exciting

thanks for making it to the end,
good night goofball


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts